AI Software Engineer
Mainblades Inspections is on a mission to change the way inspections are performed for large commercial aircraft. Our company develops data-driven technology, focused on automation of the complete inspection process: from autonomous drone flight, to damage detection and assessment of visual data, all the way to automated reporting. Our automated drone inspections for aircraft allows for a more rapid and effective inspection on any location, enabling our customers to keep their aircraft off the ground.
We are looking for a AI Software Engineer who is passionate about coding. In this role you will be:
- Responsible for the design, implementation and deploying of our computer vision stack.
- Investigating and solving exciting and difficult challenges in feature recognition, classification and deep learning.
- Researching and developing scalable machine vision and machine learning solutions.
You will work in our software engineering team, which is primarily focused on development of autonomous navigation using drones and image recognition using deep learning. Working at our company means working within a professional, dynamic and complex environment and as a team we are responsible for delivering a high-quality product.
What you bring to the table
You have to be a true team player. You speak up, are transparent and not shy to stand up for your own opinions. You enjoy sharing knowledge and continuously improve yourself and the team.
- PhD or MSc computer vision and/or machine learning.
- Proven practical experience with relevant topics in computer vision and machine learning.
- Experience with deep learning, e.g. TensorFlow.
- Software development experience with C++ and Python.
- Top-notch programming skills and software engineering know-how, and a desire to keep learning.
- Creative problem solver and team player with strong conceptual skills.
- Self-motivated and dedicated to excellence.
- Have worked with a team (you know Scrum and can't live without version control).
- Good command of the English language (both spoken and written).
- Are a resident of the EU, or have a Dutch working permit and are willing to move to the Netherlands.
- Close familiarity with the latest research on detection, segmentation, classification, and neural networks.
- Preferably a strong publication record with the top-tier computer vision and machine learning conferences & journals.
- Experience in a start-up or scale-up.
- Experience with SaaS/technology products & services.
- Ability to write clean, elegant and maintainable production-level code.
What we bring to the table
A comfortable and fun working environment:
- Unique chance to be part of a high-growth, successful start-up.
- You can have a real impact on the business.
- Freedom to create your own career path, with plenty of opportunities to grow.
- Competitive salary.
- Covered travel expenses.
- Annualy 30 paid holidays.
- Good coffee! Alternative drinks also available.
Up for the challenge?
If you think you got what it takes, and you are up for the challenge, take the first step and apply now! If we're interested, we'll reach out and take you through our recruitment process.